Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ceremony of Mathematics

There was a time when i used to depend on my dad for so many things. The best was my Math. He was my Math Guru all till class 9. I remember i was in class 2 that time. I wouldn't move a page of my Math book without my dad not sitting next to me. Its not that i couldn't but Math was a ceremony for me which had to be performed only sitting next to my dad. It was one of the ways i could get full undisturbed attention from him :-). So before every math exam at school, i would wait for him to return home from work and start giving me a revision of the curriculam. Till the time he wont come, i wont even open the book. I would sleep, play with my toy scooty and peep from the balcony every half an hour to see if he was coming. And inspite of my chilling out like this, i would score excellent on the next day of the exam , all because of the solid preparation my dad would have given me before the exams on a regular basis. Once i remember he was extremely late, he called me saying he is stuck and will come home late night , so he asked me to start the revision on my own. But i blatantly refused, how could i start on my own :-). So my father came back late, gave me a revision for a couple of hours. Next day the exam was a cake walk :-)
Now its my turn to give back something, i feel very happy when my father emails me, chats with me, sends photos ,attachments. Not a big deal but gives me a great satisfaction that i have made him interested in all these things and he can use them well . Slowly i hope to teach him more of these internet thingies ..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just read all your blogs...refreshing and hmm cant describe it. do keep blogging...