Monday, March 1, 2010

In a trance

In a trance since i left India on the night of 27th Feb. Some of it is contributed by the jet lag , some from missing my family & some from getting back to the old routine which i am not in a mood to enjoy right now.

The 4 weeks i spent in India were entirely action packed, with so much to do each and every day of my stay. Till 13th I was in Delhi, shopping & doing other preparations for a very important event. 14th Feb onwards i was in Chennai for a week. This was practically my first trip to the South, i traveled to Trichy, Tirnalvelli which is just 80 Kms from Kannyakumari, the southern most tip of India. The landscape while doing the roadtrip was very pretty at many points with the Western Ghats making a shy appearance once in a while. The coconut trees dotted the landscape every where. The most exciting incident for me was the Elephant blessing people by touching their heads with his trumpet inside the MalaiKotai temple in Trichy. I was quite scared to go near the elephant inside the temple, as it was a first time experience for me. Somehow i was coaxed into doing so, and i dont regret it.
From 21st onwards i was in Delhi for sightly less than a week. We did lots of shopping from Janpath, the malls in Rajouri Garden & ate at a lot of nice places. We did not visit any important places other than Bangla Sahib. We drove past India Gate & the Rashtrapati Bhavan a couple of times & the sights were beautiful. I spent some quality time with my mom, although did not get enough time with my dad & brother.
Since i got back yesterday afternoon, my mind continues to be in India :-).Things & people seem strange here, with lesser traffic, lesser people on the road, no tea in the morning being given by mom, the smell of Delhi in the cold mornings & the buzz during the day. I truly miss the time spent in India...

4 comments:

DivSu said...

Did you hav Tirunelveli Halwa while you were there? It is simply amazing stuff..

Shubhika Taneja said...

Missed it this time as i was sick, although i knew about it. Will surely try it next time i am there :-)

Shachi said...

Welcome back :) I feel the same when I come back from home....I can't wait to go back, it's just so different.

And almost always, I get this thought: why did I ever leave that place and come here? Will I ever go back?

Having seen both sides of the world, the comparison in our minds will be eternal :P

More when we meet :)

Shubhika Taneja said...

Shachi, i can not agree with you more. I am precisely having the same juggle of thoughts in my mind & you mentioned..Will I go back there for good ever is the question lingering in my mind...