Thursday, April 3, 2008

This one is for you - Dadi..

Solitude is sometimes a good means to reconnect to your past. I generally go for a short walk after finishing lunch at work. I headed again today alone for a short walk. The thoughts which crossed my mind were of my childhood when I was blessed to have my dadi (grandmother) around. She was the most magical person for me ever. I remembered how i used to trouble her after coming back from school and she used to take everything with a smile. She was my best friend, confidant, my candy supplier and what not. She used to pack lunch for me everyday for school and used to give me a slice of my favorite home made pickle made by her in my lunch box. My mom never knew about it as she didn't like me eating too much of pickles which would lead to coughing. And then the summer vacations which i loved to spend with her. I remember hazily as i was in nursery or the next grade probably that time. She used to make mango ice cream and i used to wait impatiently for it to freeze opening the freezer every 20 mins. She used to put me to sleep for a short nap after lunch and i used to wake up and run back to her. I remember pulling her hair when she used to comb and climbing all over her on the sofa. She used to buy me those small toys which the guy on the road used to sell passing by our house every afternoon. She used to go to her cupboard, pull out some coins from her old tin can and buy me those small goodies. I don't remember she scolding me for anything ever, and i still wonder why as i was such a troublesome kid , especially I used to deliberately trouble her a lot. She was calm, sweet and adorable. She was the best and her memories will always be in my heart...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Interesting.. so impatient to eat the mango ice cream. Everyone have some memories about childhood. Most of them are pleasant, few aren't. I guess the memories of the childhood, determine the character of an individual. For instance, based on your ice cream incident, you might be a very impatient person even now. Kids with memories of their childhood with strict parents might grow up to be a pooltron.

Whatever, every individual has a memory of his/her childhood. Seems like a part of your childhood was fun...

Anonymous said...

Dear friend, Please behold on to this kind of sweet memories of the unconditional affection that you received from your grandma. The ultimate goal of every religion is to inculcate in everyone this unconditional love for others that is beyond the material and mind level business that we usually encounter in the world. Donot forget this kind of aspects in your life and buld your life on top of this kind of aspects and life will be ever happy for you and would not be having troubles in your life.