Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting back to routine

After almost 6 weeks in India, i am having a hard time adapting back to my life here. 6 weeks sounds like a long vacation, although the last 2 weeks were ruined by some anxieties due to some visa issues. However, all is well that ends well, after each testing situation, we come out a little stronger than before. So getting back to life here has been made challenging due to homesickness, contributed by the memories formed with parents and sibling over 6 weeks. I wish there was a way i could always have them around!
I havnt cooked in like 2 months now, since around mom & dad thats never needed. This might have been my longest hiatus from cooking in the last 5 years, when i started cooking for the first time in my life. Ofcourse, i could prepare excellent maggi noodles since i was practically a kid. Now i need quite some motivation to stir the ladles and get back to the old days when i used to cook to get some refreshment and enjoy it as a creative activity. Other than the cooking woes, jet lag has been another misery keeping me away from getting into my routine. Social life here is composed of some friends, however its nowhere close to India, where you have your family sticking out for you all the time. So it seems, i again have lot of time for myself, and should start indulging into my old hobbies of reading, cooking, playing guitar...
An India trip always has some soul awakening elements to it. Every time there is something new discovered in your own soil, around your own people. I hope i can implement my learnings from this trip without letting them get tarnished with time.

3 comments:

Shachi said...

Welcome back - see u sometime soon :)....how come such a long break?

R said...

wow! 6 weeks is a long holiday :) glad you could sepnd so much time with your folks...

Shubhika Taneja said...

It was not a voluntary vacation :-), was stuck with some visa issues, my original vacation was supposed to be only 3 weeks..