Monday, June 25, 2007

First Summer Class

After the last one and a half month of no classes, it was an extraordinary effort to attend the first class of the lazy Madison summer this morning. And this class was 3 hrs since the course (Information Systems) is a short 3 week course so 3 hrs every day. Well I must say I was awake throughout the 3 hrs which is not like me at all. Its not because i was extremely excited about the course but just that its the last course I am taking at UW-Madison. The city of Madison and the University of Wisconsin Madison are the two things I adore beyond limits and will miss them when I am gone in a month. Madison has been the centre of my life for almost the past 2 years. I came as a MS student in the ECE Dept and like any other Indian student who came in the Dept that fall in 2005, i was searching for funding quite desperately. It reminds me of those days when we used to walk with resumes in our hands in the Chamberlin Hall (physics) And Van Vleck ( Mathematics) , the two favorite spots for finding funding. The roads of Madison were new and we used to get lost quite often. There used to be long walks on the beautiful roads of Madison to which i wasnt accustomed initially. However the whole experience of getting settled in the new unfamiliar but extremely warm and greeting city of Madison and the University was one of the most enriching experiences of my life so far. The last 2 years in this place have made me an independent individual from a college girl in India who had never stayed away from home even for a day. The thought of missing the vibrant student life at UW-Madison very soon kept me awake through 3 hrs of lecture!

4 comments:

DivSu said...

Hey Shubhika, didn't know you blogged:) Tell me about financial struggles in Madison;) Van Vleck was my haven for good news, always picked up some grading job or the other;)

Have fun in your last days there! Miss Madison, it really dos transform you from a kid to an adult :)

Anand said...

Nice one Shubhs! It reminds me of our long walk back home from the lake when you refused to give us your umbrella ;-) Poor Waj and I..Also the single pizza that the four of us split :-) Man.. those were the days..

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shubhika Taneja said...

Hey, thanks Andy..ya those will always be among the best days!