Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Day has almost arrived: Leaving Madison

Time does fly. 2 years in this beautiful city of lakes, "Madison", as a student passed with the blink of an eye. Now just one day before i board the flight to Silicon Valley as a professional and not a student anymore. Tough to accept and even tougher to leave this place. Hundreds of memories run across my mind now, particular smells in the campus buildings remind me of past days and events. Today i spent an hour in the evening at the memorial terrace and probably had my last Babcock icecream. The lake looked more beautiful today and i felt like taking pictures of every corner in the Union. The sight of the lake brought me the memories of my previous semesters. Canoeing and coming and sitting , watching the waves hit the bank, ducks swimming and eating the buraka peanut stew besides the lake with the tally shop Pina Colada juice. Those were the days! Colorful days! And then i left for a friend's place in bus number 80 , the free campus service. Along the observatory drive i was trying to guess the names of all the buildings i saw. My favorite still remains the Bascom Hall and the Agriculture building which almost looks like a palace. I remembered the days and the nights spent in CAE working on my favorite course 552 project taught by Prof. Lipasti and eating the Toppers pizza at midnight. Waiting for the safecab and sometimes even walking back at 3 in the night.
Well, anything and everything i look around today, whether the street, Library or the stairs in the house rings just one thing in my mind. That I am feeling and seeing these things probably for the last time. It feels I am being parted from my heaven, the place which transformed me everyday towards a more matured individual and made me grow everyday by making me fall and stand up on my own. I wish I could have been in this place forever!

No comments: